Threads PDO-First Lift
Innovation on the Polish market
Lifting and rejuvenation using PDO threads
Croma has introduced an absolute novelty to the Polish market of aesthetic medicine - the absorbed, spectacular effect of the First Lift thread (Multi Picture Filaments). The practically non-invasive and painless application of the thread takes less than half an hour, leaving no scars, cuts, and only a slight redness that disappears within a few hours. Threads can be applied almost all over the body. The First Lift thread treatment is dedicated to all patients aged 30-65. There were no such versatile and delicate threads!
The PDO thread system was created in South Korea. Currently, treatments using these threads are performed on all continents of the globe (Brazil, Japan, Russia, USA, and in Western Europe). The product was approved throughout the European Union and obtained a medical CE certificate.
What are the PDO threads made of?
PDO thread has been placed in a very fine, sterile needle, thanks to which it is introduced into a specific area on the face, neck, neckline, buttocks, abdomen, breasts and legs.
POD (polydioxanone) is a strong, synthetic fiber, made of one monofilament or two twisted solid fibers (polifilament), which are biodegradable in the tissue after a certain time. Polydioxanon is a well-known and often used material in medicine. It has been used previously in skin and subcutaneous sutures in plastic surgery, urology, gynecology, ophthalmology and gastroenterology.
Safety and effectiveness PDO threads
Polydioxanone meets all the requirements set by the US Pharmacopeia (USP) against surgical sutures. Clinical observations have made it possible to say that this material stimulates the process of neocollagenesis in tissues. That is, it stimulates the synthesis of new collagen - a protein responsible for skin firmness and tension. Stimulation of fibroblasts stimulates the synthesis of elastin - a protein responsible for elasticity and elasticity of the skin. In vivo tests have demonstrated the effect of polydioxane on the synthesis of natural hyaluronic acid. The biodegradation period of the PDO thread lasts about 6-9 months. The final polydioxanone products are excreted in the urine.
What is the mechanism of PDO Thread action based on
The mechanism of PDO thread action causes the skin to become elastic, firm and better moisturized. The technique of PDO thread implantation is based on the use of natural lines responsible for skin tension, which additionally causes a similar effect of a surgical facelift. PDO threads may have an effect on reducing the strength of face mimic muscles, the effects obtained with such threads are similar to the use of botulinum toxin - followed by muscle relaxation and smoothing of facial features. The obtained effects of the treatment are more natural than after botulinum toxin, because the mimic muscles are not immobilized, only their function is weakened. Introduced under the skin PDO thread affects its immediate improvement. The neocololagenesis process after PDO thread implantation is shown in the following pictures taken with an electron microscope:
How long do the effects last?
The effects of the treatment last up to 2 years. By using threads, we have the effect of strengthening the lack of elasticity, sagging tissues. Fast thread absorption time eliminates the risk of compaction and scarring, compared to large diameter fibers and threads that are biodegradable in the long term.
The main indications for the use of PDO First Lift threads:
On the face:
- Horizontal and vertical wrinkles on the forehead
- Forehead lift, drooping eyebrows,
- Lowered outer edges of the eyebrows
- The liveliness of the skin
- Face asymmetry
- V-lifting tissue pulling
- Wisp, soft tissue,
- Lower eyelid - bags under the eyes
- Sloping cheeks and area under the lower jaw
- Folds of skin on the cheeks
- Wrinkled cheeks
- Clear nasolabial fold
- Marionette fold
- A fold of the chin
- Distorted line of the jaw (drooping hamsters)
- Neck correction
On the body:
- Wrinkles on the neckline
- Firming and shaping the breast
- Raising sagging breasts
- Replenishment of tissues and stretch marks on the abdomen, buttocks, legs and arms
- Lifting of abdominal integuments, buttocks
- Correcting loose skin after liposuction
- Correcting loose skin within the arms
- Correcting flaccid skin on the dorsal part of the hand
- Obesity - abdomen, arms, ribs
The effects of the treatment are:
- Skin lift
- Skin rejuvenation
- Smoothing wrinkles
- Lightening of the skin
- An increase in skin volume
- Smoothing and shallow skin folds,
- Skin tension in the lower parts of the face,
- Visible improvement of the face oval and cheeks (elimination of so-called "hamsters"),
- Enhancing cheekbones,
- Modeling the cheeks,
- Raising the falling corners of the mouth,
- Improvement of skin firmness of the cheeks and the area of the jaw
- The advantages of the treatment:
- Non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure,
- Without leaving scars or cuts,
- Natural look after the treatment,
- Lifting effect,
- A very short period of convalescence.
How to prepare before the surgery
- One week before planned surgery, it is recommended to use arnica and vitamin K and C. supplementation.
- One week before the surgery, stop using blood thinners (aspirin, salicylic acid, etc.)
- At least 48gods. do not consume alcohol before surgery.
- On the day of the surgery it is best to come on an empty stomach or after eating lightly digestible meals.
- Avoid smoking or strong coffee before the procedure.
What does the procedure look like?
The treatment is performed by a doctor. Before the planned treatment, the doctor conducts an accurate interview with the patient regarding past and current diseases in order to qualify the patient for the procedure. During the consultation the entire course of the procedure is discussed in order to ensure the patient's safety. Explains to the patient the course of the procedure, its expected results, risk and possible complications. The written consent of the patient is obtained for the procedure.
The time of the procedure takes about 30-60 minutes. It is practically painless. Initially, local anesthesia in the form of a cream is applied. The next step is to mark the needle entry points and draw the thread introduction line. After selecting the area of the procedure, the doctor performs local anesthesia and then inserts the needle into the subcutaneous tissue. The needles are placed at specific points in order to obtain the most effective effects of skin tension.
What are the possible reactions immediately after the procedure?
Immediately after the procedure the skin may be reddened to a small extent. There may also be minor bruises or hematomas that disappear after a few days
Placement of PDO threads in case of cheek wrinkle correction.
Placement of PDO threads around the chin.
When will the effects be visible and how long will they last?
The effect is noticeable immediately after the procedure. In the period of 10-14 days after the procedure, the process of synthesis of proteins naturally occurring in the body (collagen and elastin) is started. However, it should be remembered that the process of neocolagagenesis - the synthesis of new collagen, is started after 10-14 days. Then the right effects of the treatment are noticeable.
The duration of the thread lasts up to 240 days, during which time the synthesis of elastin and collagen is stimulated.
The effects of the treatment before and immediately after introducing the PDO thread in the region of the mandible and neck.
Recommendations after the procedure:
- During the first 6 hours after the surgery, apply cold compresses to the treatment area
- The first three days are recommended to sleep on the back
- Control visit after 7 days after the procedure
- Antibiotic cover for a period of 5 days after the procedure
- During 3 weeks after the procedure, reduce facial hyperactivity
- Avoiding any risk of face injury
- Hair and face can be washed without any contraindications
- Avoid consuming, chewing hard products, excessive and vigorous mouth opening for 4 weeks after the procedure
- The patient should avoid exposure to UV radiation for one month after the procedure
- Do not use the sauna or pool for a month
- Bad health condition
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Infections (bacterial, viral, fungal)
- Coagulation disorders
- Autoimmune diseases
- Patients with personality disorders and unrealistic expectations.
- Chronic Kelons
- Excessive fat tissue or a thin layer of tissue
- Allergy or proven reactions to the biomaterials used for the surgery