Principle of operation
Modern laserotherapy gets rid of the problem of regrowing hairs virtually anywhere on the body. Laser hair removal is recommended for women and men. It does not require special preparation, or long-term recovery.
Laser hair removal can be performed on the face, hands, feet, bikini parts, and other places, such as the armpits, back, neck or stomach.
The therapeutic principle of the laser diode is based on the phenomenon of selective photothermolysis, that is, wavelength of 808 nm emitted by the laser is converted into heat and absorbed by melanin (dye contained inside cells of hair). The laser energy destroys the structure responsible for hair growth. This leads to permanent destruction of hair follicle and terminate production of new hair. Temperatures in the hair follicles is increased to 60-65 oC. Effect of laser and emitted energy is not harmful in any way to health, and the waves reach only 2 mm into the skin. Any slight reddening of the skin, as a result of the laser, disappears very quickly, and other side effects after surgery do not occur if the recommendations are being preserved.
The effectiveness of treatment depends also on appropriately selected parameters. High comfort treatment provides fast pace of work and the use of head cooling to approx. -500 oC. The head is finished with a thick layer of sapphire glass that by cooling makes feeling of heat during the treatment is insignificant. Also at the same time protects the skin against burns. Discomfort during the procedure is very individual and depends on the patient and the part of the body on which treatment is performed.
The efficency of the treatment and the final result depends on many factors, ie. color and type of the skin, thickness, growth phase of hair, genetic predisposition, and the area of treatment.
It is required to follow post treatment recommendations, which will accelerate the destruction of hair follicles and prevent the occurrence of adverse events.
Preparing for laser hair removal
The skin in the planned epilation should be clean and degreased. The skin musn`t be dry, or irritated. If your skin requires, few days before surgery, use emollients (creams with moisturazint and soothing effects). If the body is dehydrated, you need, day before surgery, to drink plenty of water. Immediately before surgery, you should shave the skin in the planned depilation “with hair”, but leave some hair, in order to assess their color and thickness.
Before each treatment the hair can not be pulled (tweezers, wax / sugar paste, mechanical devices) within a period of 4 weeks on the face and six weeks in other places. On the other hand you can shave them or trim. Before surgery, you should not use creams and ointments containing vitamin A, retinoids (eg. Isotrexin, Differin, Zorac, Retin A and others), fruit acids and substances exfoliating and discontinue taking wit. C min. 2 days before surgery (should be done 4 weeks before the surgery). Products with exfoliating effect should be discontinued one week earlier.
Oral therapy with retinoids (Roaccutane, ISOTEC, Curacne) requires a six-month interval between the end of therapy and the first hair removal treatment. Before surgery all medications that are being used should be reported, if you are taking photosensitizing drugs, eg. some antibiotics, antidepressants or Aspirin, Ibuprom, etc. treatment can be done min. 2-4 weeks after cessation of treatment. Photosensitivity drugs and some herbs (calendula, St. John’s wort, tea Figure) must be discontinued 2 weeks before. Do not use lotions 24 hours before treatment or antiperspirant (Etiaxil). In case of hormonal treatment, eg. Thyroid, hirsutism, infertility, provide a statement of attending physician, for the absence of contraindications to such treatment. In case of a pacemaker or other cardiac problems, provide a statement of the attending physician, for the absence of contraindications to such treatment.
Herpes and other active infections of depilated area are temporary contraindications for surgery, hair removal is possible 2 weeks after complete cure.
Skin for treatment can not be freshly tanned, you should give up the sun (sun, tanning, sunless tanning spray) min. 4 weeks before treatment. Beauty treatments, facial treatment – depilation at a given location can be done 7 days before surgery or 14 days after surgery. For treatment you can come in loose clothing that does not irritate skin.
- waxing and sugaring, depilatory or tweezers (stop one month prior to surgery)
- fresh tan (sun, tanning and self-tanning) in areas that will be treated (stop 5 weeks prior to surgery)
- use of cosmetics, vitamin tablets. C and retinol, herbs from the St. John’s Wort, marigold, slimming teas (should be discontinued 2-3 weeks prior to surgery)
- photosensitivity drugs, antibiotics, steroids
- use of isotretinoin (within the last 6 months)
- Persen, Deprim (discontinue min. 7 days before surgery)
- antiperspirant. Etiaxil (discontinued 2 weeks prior to treatment)
- chemical peels or mechanical treatment carried out in the area (within the last 4 weeks)
- herpes in the planned laser hair removal area (surgery can be performed seven days after curing)
- implants, threads around the area treatment (medical absorbable thread to 6 months after surgery, medical non-absorbable thread – an absolute contraindication)
- photodermatosis disease and bullous skin
- skin diseases: psoriasis, vitiligo, Rose (risk of disease progression)
- active skin infections
- prone to keloids (at the risk of keloid skin burns)
- unusual or undiagnosed abnormal pigmentation – the risk of permanent discoloration or hyperpigmentation
- sensitivity to light, including the sun
- found susceptibility to skin discoloration
- allergy drug with hydroquinone bleaching preparations and other
- taking drugs to lower blood clotting
- reticularis (marbled skin)
- gray hairs
- epilepsy (relative)
- tattoo in place of treatment
- uncontrolled diabetes
- fresh surgery
In case of untreated hirsutism and completed hair removal IPL (due to structural damage to the hair follicle in this system) – the treatment may be less effective.
Skin care after laser hair removal treatment
The natural symptom after the treatment is temporary redness, skin may be burning, feeling warm, sometimes swelling to subside after a few hours.
At 2-3 days after application, the skin should be treated gently
- wash face by soapless gel or milk or alcohol-free tonic, thermal water, if necessary – clean water, do not use cosmetics with AHA and retinoids (eg. retinol)
- do not use deodorants and antiperspirants (if depilation concerned armpits), but use several times a day products for soothing and regenerating Alantan, Panthenol or B-panthen, Solcoseryl, Zinalfat, Dermopanthen
- dry skin gently, do not rub, do not annoy in any other way
- exfoliating products (eg. peels) to introduce 2 weeks after treatment
- avoid hot baths
- you can not sunbathe (naturally or in a solarium) between treatments and 2-4 weeks after surgery. During this period, in areas exposed to direct UV protection is needed (creams with filters anti-UVA and UVB rays with a high SPF SPF of 50 or more), for example. Avene, Iwostin
- skin must be properly moisturized by creams, for example. Dermalogica
- between treatments do not use substances and drugs contraindicated
- for irritation do not use the swimming pools and saunas
- do not pull hair for a minimum of 6 weeks. (face min. 4 weeks). Hair removal razor is acceptable
- another 4-8 treatments should be performed at intervals of 6-10 weeks on average for legs and back, and 4-6 weeks for the rest of the body
Diode laser – promotional pricelist :
|3 treatments for armpits||300 PLN|
|4 treatments for legs||1000 PLN|